Black Forest Cake is a Chocolate layered cake made rich with whipping cream, cherries and chocolate shavings, looks so temping and great yet so simple to make. This cakes needs just few basic cake ingredients, and the process is less complicated. So friends, lets go through the process of this great looking Black forest cake and Enjoyyy!!!
- All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
- Dark cocoa powder - 3/4 cup (I used dutch processed dark cocoa powder which I bought from Costco, u can use dark chocolate as well which contains 60% cocoa content and melt it by double boiling method and mix it with the beaten egg yolk)
- Sugar - 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup
- Eggs - 4
- Heavy whipping cream - 2 1/2 cups(Refrigerate the whipping cream and the bowl you are gonna use to whip the cream before you start to whip it)
- Maraschino cherries - 1 small tin, few chopped + few whole for decorating and finishing(I used normal cherries since I did not get maraschino cherries)
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Oil- 1/2 cup
- Butter - 1/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar -1/4 cup(to whip the cream)
- Vanilla essence -1 tsp + 1tsp
- Water -1/2 cup + 2-3 tbsp sugar(to make sugar syrup or use cherry syrup of maraschino cherry while layering the cake)
- Chocolate bars -4 oz(Make chocolate shavings out of it with a veg peeler)
Make the chocolate cake:
- Separate the egg yolk and white in two different bowls taking care, no traces of yolk gets into white.
Beat the york well to get a thick creamy texture. Add 3/4 cup sugar and beat again.
|Egg york in the process of beating|
- Add the butter, cooking oil, 1tsp vanilla essence and beat in low speed till everything mixes evenly.
- Beat egg whites by adding 1/4 cup of sugar gradually to get a white cream. Make sure the egg whites do not have any traces of yolks and the beater is clean and dry.