1) Turmeric pdr - 1/4 tsp2) Chilly powder - 1tsp (cayenne pepper or kashmir chilly pdr gives red color to the gravy)
3) coriander pdr - 1 tsp
4) cumin pdr - 1 tsp
5) dry fenugreek powder - 1 tbsp
6) ginger gralic paste - 1tbsp
7) Yogurt - 1 cup
8) salt to taste
9) lime juice -2 tbsp
10) Bonless chickn breast :- 4 halves cut into med cubes
1) Oil- 2 tbsp
2) cumin seeds - 1 tsp3) Onion - 1 very finely chopped
4) ginger garlic paste
5) Chilly powder - 2 tsp
6) Coriander powder- 1 tsp
7) Cumin powder - 1 tsp
8) Dry Fenugreek powder - 1 tsp
9) Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
10) Tomato - 2 big chopped roughly(i've made tikka masala once with 1 small tin of canned tomato paste as well, it gave me a nice red colored gravy)11) Cashews - 1/4 cup(if using canned tomato u do not need cashews, bcse the gravy becomes thick bcse of the tomato paste)
12) Capsicum - 1 cut into med cubes(optional)13) Onion - 1 big cut into cubes
14) cream - 2 tbsp(optional, i didnt use)15) Finely chopped cilantro)
16) Bamboo skewers soaked in water for 15 mins
1) In a bowl add ingredients of marinade from 1 to 9 and mix well gently with a whisk or clean hand to make the marinade. Divide this marinade into two bowl, marinate chicken in one bowl and capsicum and onion in another. Set aside for atleast 1 hr.2) Make a puree from tomato and cashews and set aside.
3) Skew the chicken, onion and capsicum one after the another
4) Grill both sides for 5 mins or till chicken is cooked(if you do not have skewer cook it on grill top. Pan cook the chicken if you do not have a grill). Your chicken tikka is ready. Set this aside5) Now for making the masala, add oil in a pan and crackle the cumin seeds.
6) Add ginger-garlic paste and stir for a min. Add the onion and stir till light brown color.
7) Add salt, turmeric pdr, cumin pdr, coriander pdr chilly powder and stir well. Add 1/4 cup of water and cook till the masala absorbs the water.
8) Add the tomato-cashew puree, some more water and stir well. Close the lid and get it to boil.
9) Add the leftover fenugreek powder, chicken tikka, simmer the flame with lid on and cook it for 4-5 mins so that chicken absorbs the nice aroma of the gravy and gets cooked nicely.
10) Add the cream if necessary( i didnt add it bcse the gravy was very nice without the cream and i felt the spiceness will be reduced if i add it).
11) Move into a serving dish, garnish with cilantro and serve hot with Roti/Naan/Rice..
Note:- I have kept aside some skewed chicken tikka without adding them in the gravy. This ended up being another side dish on our dining table.