Apple Crisp/Crumble is a simple baked dessert with a s very nice crisp and crumble topping with tender apple bites inside. The combination of oats, apple and Brown sugar tries to give it a healthy way and if served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream it is really delicious.
Apple Crisp was made since I had some fresh farm picked Golden Apples. This is been in my draft from quite sometime and thanks to Ramya of Ramyasrecipe for hosting the 'A for Apple' event. I posted my Apple cake recipe for the event and told her I will try to post the apple crisp recipe if possible. This might be a late entry for the event but at-least it got relieved from the draft, my apple crisp was bored sitting in the draft :)
- All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- Brown Sugar(Or white sugar) -1/2 cup
- Cinnamon powder -1/2 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Softened Butter - 3/4 cup(do not use melted butter)
- Old fashioned Oats - 1/3 cup
- Chopped walnuts/ pecans/almonds - 1/4 cup(optional)
- Chopped apple chunks - 6 cups(I didn't peel off the skin of the apple)
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 tsp
- Brown Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degree F. Grease a baking tray and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients from 1 to 7 with your fingertips or process in a food processor until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside
- In another bowl put chopped apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and toss lightly
- Put the apple-mix in the greased bake-ware and spread the topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake for around 35-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for sometime say 30 mins.
- Serve warm or with a scoop of Vanilla Ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!!!!!!
I am sending this to Ramyasrecipe's 'A for Apple' Event. Happy Cooking.