Coconut and Cilantro Chutney rather known as Biriyani Chammanthi is normally served as the side dish for Malabar Chicken Biriyani. Its quite simple, perfect for Biriyanis or any flavored rice. Normally this is made without adding much water or Yogurt/Curd to make a dry chutney but you can add yogurt or water and alter it according to your taste. Try it out and Enjoy!!!!!
- Grated coconut ~ 1 ½ cups
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves chopped ~ ½ cup
- Green chilly ~ 4(adjust accordingly to ur spice level)
- Ginger a small piece chopped ~ 1 tsp
- Salt ~ ¾ tsp(check and adjust accordingly)
- Water ~ 2 tbsp
Combine all the ingredients except water and grind. Add water little by little just enough to grind. Serve with Biriyani's and any flavorful rice.