- Oats/Old Fashioned Oats - 2 Cups
- Grated Carrot ~ 1/2 Cup
- Onion chopped fine - 1 medium
- Green chilly chopped fine - 2(optional, avoid if making for small kids)
- Coriander leaves chopped fine - 3 tbsp
- Grated Coconut as needed
- Salt - 1/2 tsp(to taste)
- Water - 1/2 tsp
- Add oats to a wide pan bowl and crumble it as much with clean hands
- Add the grated carrot, onion, green chilies, coriander leaves and salt and mix well with hands.
- Carrot's and onion's moisture should be enough to make the oats moist enough when you mix. If you feel it too dry, sprinkle water little by little and mix till you get a moist lightly crumbled mixture.
- In the puttu maker fill in the grated coconut and oats mix alternately.
- Steam it till done. Serve hot as it is or with stew or curry of your choice