Wishing Everyone A Very Happy Vishu !!
എല്ലാവർക്കും വിഷു ആശംസകൾ
I agree, I had always been on and off throughout. But this phase of my life seemed the busiest ever. Family, Work and more work had kept me away from blogging for few months. I go through my fellow bloggers blog posts randomly but never get more than five minutes to sit infront of my laptop. I always feel guilty seeing my blog hybernating but did not have the time, energy and mindset to do blog post which needs a bit of compiling on write up and picture edits. I didn't want to do a random post which will not do justice to the recipe and myself.
Starting this year I have been actively involved in a Malayalee Association here in Washigton DC and is the Entertainment chair for Year 2014. We have a lot of events lined for year 2014 of which Vishu celebrtion was one of the most important one. NSGW celebrated Vishu 2014 on Saturday, April 12th for which we had in store a list of cultural programs. I had been co-ordianting for all the programs, finalizing the program chart, co-ordinating with choreographers, staging the kids group, conference calls on delegating tasks etc etc whick took most of my evenings and weekends. And at the proffessional end it is crazy busy with Release deadline coming up by end Of this month.
- Unakkalari/Broken Matta Rice - ¼ Cup(If they are not available you can use Basmathi Rice)
- Milk - 1 ½ Litre
- Sugar - ½ Cup
- Raisins few
- Cashews few
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Cardamom pods -6
- Sugar - ½tsp
- Pour milk into a pressure cooker, add sugar and stir well. Bring the milk to boiling point.
- Rinse the rice one or two times and add to the milk. Stir well again till the bottom making sure rice is not sticking to the bottom.
- Cover with the lid, put on the whistle. Reduce the heat to the lowest and let it cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Put off the flame. Let it cool down completely to open the lid.
- Heat up a small Wok/pan, add ghee, saute cashews and saute till golden brown. Remove and add to the payasam. Add raisins to the same ghee and saute till it pop. Add tot he payasam.
- Crush/grind the cardamom with ½ tsp of sugar and add to the payasam. Stir well and serve warm. Enjoy!!