1. One Chicken cut into medium size pieces
2. Onion chopped fine – 3
3. Garlic pods - 6(crushed or chopped fine)
4. Ginger - a small piece(crushed or chopped fine)
5. Green chilly - 5 sliced
6. Tomato chopped fine - 1 medium
7. Turmeric powder - ¾ + ¼ tsp
8. Chili powder- ½ tsp
9. Chicken masala - 1 tbsp.
10. Coriander powder – 1½ tbsp.
11. Pepper powder – ½ tsp
12. Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
13. Curry leaves a sprig or more
14. Coriander leaves chopped fine - 3 tbsp.
15. Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces, drain the water completely.
- Marinate the chicken with ¾ tsp turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. Set aside.
- Heat 1½ tbsp. of coconut oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add curry leaves, chopped onion, garlic and green chilly.
- Saute till onion turns golden in color. Reduce the heat and add ¼ turmeric powder and saute.
- Add coriander powder, pepper powder, Chicken masala. Saute well. Check for the salt and add if required.
- When oil starts to separate, add the finely chopped tomato into this and roast it.
- Finally add the chicken pieces and combine it with the masala. Cover and cook well in medium heat for five to seven minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.(make sure to open the lid and stir in between making sure chicken do not burn)
- Open the lid and add the chopped coriander leaves. Stir until it turns dry.
- Add more curry leaves and ½ tsp of coconut oil. Keep it covered until ready to serve
- Move to serving dish and serve warm with Chappathi or Rice.