Thursday, April 7, 2011
• 2 cups sugar
• 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup Dark Cocoa powder
• 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 cup boiling water
• CHOCOLATE FROSTING (recipe follows)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour round baking pan
2. Beat the egg yolk and white once at a time till it is fluffy. Add milk, oil, vanilla and beat well.
3. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add this dry mixture to the above wet one mixing it thoroughly. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely.
5. Run a knife between the cake carefully and cut it into equal half. Spread the chocolate frosting using a spatula, top with remaining cake, frost top and sides well. Refrigerate for half an hour if needed to get the frosting set well.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2/3 cup Dark Cocoa powder
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk( u can add additional milk as desired)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa, sugar and mix well. Add milk, beat well. You can add additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. Your chocolate frosting is ready.