Cook-Ezee Wishes all the Fellow Indians around the globe a Very Happy Diwali !! Hope everyone is having a great time celebrating Diwali with Family and friends :-)
Here I'm with a very simple, yet delicious sweet for you to cook up for any occasion. So what are you guys waiting for, make them for your loved ones and Enjoy !!
Yields ~ 20 to 22 Ladoos
- Coarse Rava / sooji / semolina - 1 ½ Cup
- Raisins, cashew nuts or chopped almonds - A handful
- Grated coconut - ½ Cup ((optional)
- Milk - ¼ Cup
- Sugar - ¾ Cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp(grind 4 cardamom pode with 1 tbsp sugar)
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
How to Make Rava Ladoo:-
- Dry roast the Rava until golden color(just like roasting for rava upma). Move to a plate and keep aside
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the cashew nuts(or raisins or almonds) and roast till golden brown. Keep aside
- Add the coconut to the same ghee and roast for two minutes or till raw smell goes off.
- Add the roased rava and stir, stir for two-three minutes.
- Add sugar and stir well till sugar is well combined with the Rava. Add cardamom powder and stir again for another one minute. Turn off the flame.
- Pour the milk slowly stiring continuously as you do so. Continue to mix until the ladoo mixture comes together. Add roasted cashews and stir to mix
- When the ladoo mixture is warm enough to handle, make into lemon-sized balls and gently set aside.
- Soft, smooth and melt in mouth Rava Ladoo is Ready to Serve !!