Moong Dal/Cherupayar Parippu – 2 cups
Jaggery syrup- 2 cup(Boiled with 2tbsp of water and strained of impurities)
Thick coconut milk -1 cup
Thin coconut milk -2 cups
Cardamom pods -3(crush with pestle in a mortar)
Salt – a pinch
Water 4 cups
Ghee - 2tsp
Coconut pieces - 2tsp
Raisins and cashews – a handful
- Wash the moong and drain of the water completely.
- Dry roast the moong till crisp and press cook with enough water for 6-7 whistles(keep the flame to medium after the first whistle)
- One the cooker looses the pressure and becomes cool, open the cookr and stir well to mash the moong.
- Add the jaggery and stir continuosly for 4-5 minutes in medium flame so that moong absorbs sweetness from the jaggery.
- Add the thin coconut milk and stir continuously for 5-10 mins till it start thickening.
- Add the thick coconut milk and keep stiring for few more minutes.
- Add in cardamom powder, salt and mix well. Remove from the flame
- Heat up a smaal pan, pour ghee into it add raisins, cashews and coconut pieces fry for a minute till everything turns light brown.
- Add this to the pradaman along with the ghee.
- Move to a serving dish. Serve warm.
Note:- I love it being served after being refrigerated for sometime.