Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chocolate cake

It was my hubby's birthday on 29th March and I wanted to plan something special for him. It was a weekday and my husband didn't really want to celebrate it. The reason being he is getting older, he don't want our friends to know about it and all was just an excuse. I knew he didn't want to put me to work the whole day with two little one's as he know they trouble me a lot when I'm in the kitchen. So the plan for the day was to go out for dinner once he is back from work and my son was happy to hear that.
Still my mind was wandering to do something for him on his special day as he is the person who tries to make our family everyday a happy one. So I planned to bake a simple chocolate cake for him just as a surprise. I had some red roses in my flower vase and some left over candles. I already had a birthday greetings bought at new year time from a dollar store as I got 2 cards for $1 and I used one to wish my hubby on new year(I believe spending reasonable on good times teaches you spend better on bad times). We were very happy with the result. These simple things at home made our day. So here comes the recipe for a Chocolate layered cake with Chocolate Frosting.




Ingredients:-

• 2 cups sugar
• 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup Dark Cocoa powder
• 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 cup boiling water
• CHOCOLATE FROSTING (recipe follows)

Preparation Method:-

  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 8 " Round baking pan.
  2. Beat the egg yolk and white once at a time till fluffy. Add milk, oil, vanilla and beat well in med speed.
  3. Whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl to remove lumps if any.
  4. Add this dry mixture to the above wet one mixing it thoroughly. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan.
  5. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until  a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
  6. Run a knife between the cake carefully and cut it into two equal halves. 
  7. Spread the chocolate frosting using a spatula, top with remaining cake, frost top and sides well. Refrigerate for half an hour if needed to get the frosting set well.





CHOCOLATE FROSTING

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2/3 cup Dark Cocoa powder
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk( u can add additional milk as desired)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa, sugar and mix well. Add milk, beat well. You can add additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. Your chocolate frosting is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a note on my recipes and posts. Your thoughts are really valuable, they are my energy boosters, so let them keep flowing. Browse around for more recipes, please feel free to leave your suggestions if any.
Hope you enjoyed your stay at Cook-Ezee, visit us again!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...