Saturday, June 4, 2011

Spinach Pakoda

It was a rainy Sunday, my husband and kids were taking a nap after lunch and I was sitting and browsing. I knew my hubby will not sleep more than an hour and he will start asking for Tea from the bed itself. Such a rainy day 'Chai' really needs some pakodas to munch and I didn't have anything preplanned. I had some spinach in the fridge and thought of making the normal spinach pakodas that i make, but was being lazy to finely chop everything, mix and fry it. I came across this recipe of Spinach pakoda where you don't have to chop the spinach and so easy to make it and I wondered why didn't this way of making pakoda strike my mind before.
















Ingredients:-
  1. Spinach - 1/2 lbs
  2. Besan flour - 1/2 cup
  3. Corn flour - 1tbsp
  4. Salt - 1 tbsp
  5. Pepper pdr - 1 tsp
  6. Cumin pdr- 1/2 tsp
  7. Chilly pdr - 1tsp
  8. Asefoetida - a pinch
  9. Water- 1/2 cup
  10. Oil as needed to deep fry
Preparation Method:-
  • Wash and pat dry the spinach leaves well and keep aside.
  • Mix besan flour and rest of the ingredients in water and make a batter, batter should be thin.
  • Heat a kadai in medium heat and pour the oil. To check for the correct heat of the oil, put a drop of batter in the oil and if it comes up right away without changing color your oil is hot enough.
  • Dip spinach leaf in the batter one at a time and slowly drop it in the oil.
  • Fry for 2-3 mins and turn it upside down. Remove it from the oil when the spinach turns golden brown color on both sides.
  • Repeat the process for the rest of the spinach leaves.
Be careful not to overheat and burn the spinach. Stove should always be in medium heat.

Recipe courtesy- Manjula's kitchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a note on my recipes and posts. Your thoughts are really valuable, they are my energy boosters, so let them keep flowing. Browse around for more recipes, please feel free to leave your suggestions if any.
Hope you enjoyed your stay at Cook-Ezee, visit us again!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...