Friday, September 30, 2011

Apple Crisp(Crumble)

Apple Crisp/Crumble is a simple baked dessert with a s very nice crisp and crumble topping with tender apple bites inside. The combination of oats, apple and Brown sugar tries to give it a healthy way and if served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream it is really delicious.

Apple Crisp was made since I had some fresh farm picked Golden Apples. This is been in my draft from quite sometime and thanks to Ramya of Ramyasrecipe for hosting the 'A for  Apple' event. I posted my Apple cake recipe for the event and told her I will try to post the apple crisp recipe if possible. This might be a late entry for the event but at-least it got  relieved from the draft, my apple crisp was bored sitting in the draft :)



Ingredients:-
  1. All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
  2. Brown Sugar(Or white sugar) -1/2 cup
  3. Cinnamon powder -1/2 tsp
  4. Salt a pinch
  5. Softened Butter - 3/4 cup(do not use melted butter)
  6. Old fashioned Oats - 1/3 cup
  7. Chopped walnuts/ pecans/almonds - 1/4 cup(optional)
  8. Chopped apple chunks - 6 cups(I didn't peel off the skin of the apple)
  9. Lemon Juice - 1/2 tsp
  10. Brown Sugar - 3 tbsp
Preparation Method:-
  • Preheat the oven to 350 Degree F. Grease a baking tray and set aside.
  • Mix all the ingredients from 1 to 7 with your fingertips or process in a food processor until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside
  • In another bowl put chopped apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and toss lightly
  • Put the apple-mix in the greased bake-ware and spread the topping evenly over the apples.
  • Bake for around 35-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
  • Remove from the oven and let it cool for sometime say 30 mins.
  • Serve warm or with a scoop of Vanilla Ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!!!!!!
I am sending this to Ramyasrecipe's 'A for Apple' Event. Happy Cooking. 

1 comment:

  1. this is my fave, but I never tried making at home. Thanks for your participation.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a note on my recipes and posts. Your thoughts are really valuable, they are my energy boosters, so let them keep flowing. Browse around for more recipes, please feel free to leave your suggestions if any.
Hope you enjoyed your stay at Cook-Ezee, visit us again!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...