Lauki Kheer is very easy to make, delicious kheer/payasam relished by everyone including the kids. It needs just few ingredients and can be made in less than 30 minutes. Diabetic patients can us sugar substitute like splenda and have this delicious kheer. Give it a try and Enjoy healthy, yummy and ezee Kheer for all age groups.
Bottle Gourd/Lauki/Doodhi - 1
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Milk - 5 cups
Cardamon powder - 1tsp
salt a pinch
Ghee - 2 tsp
Preparation Method: -
- Pour milk to aa thick bottom pan and bring to boil. Simmer the heat to medium and let the milk cook to reduce and get a thick consistency. Remember to stir the milk every two-three minutes so that they don't burn and stick at the bottom of the pan.
- Meanwhile cut the edges of the bottle-gourd and peel the skin. Cut it into half and scrap out the middle part of the Lauki. Wash and clean the Lauki, grate and set aside.
- In another pan, add ghee and roast cashews and raisins till golden brown and set aside.
- Add grated Lauki to the same ghee and saute for four-five minutes.
- Add this to the boiling milk and cook for another 10 mins by stirring in between till creamy and Lauki becomes soft.
- Add sugar and keep stirring to cook for another five-six minutes. Add cardamon powder and stir to mix. Switch off the stove.
- Serve warm or chilled. I prefer them being chilled. Enjoy!!!!
Sending this to 'My Diwali My way' Event hosted by Khusi @ A Girl's Diary