Cabbage Shrimp Stir Fry is a side that I make with Rice/Roti especially when I have less cabbage which I wanted finish off but is not really enough to make a stand alone sabzi/side dish. Of course I do use cabbage with mix veggies with lot of variation but this is my family's favorite. This is really a very ezee recipe hardly takes 10 mins cooking time. Cabbage and Shrimp is such a wonderful combination, I bet you cannot resist eating it. Try it out friends, Enjoy!!!
- Cabbage Finely Chopped lengthwise - 2 cups
- Medium Size Shrimp - 15 numbers(you can use as much/less as you want)
- Onion chopped - 1
- Ginger finely chopped - 1 small piece(2 tsp)
- Curry leaves a sprig or more :)
- Chopped Green chilly - 2
- Turmeric powder - 3/4 tsp
- Chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2tsp
- Chop the Cabbage, wash it in flowing water in a colander and set aside to drain the water completely.
- Clean the shrimp, marinate with turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt and set aside.
- Heat up a kadai/pan, pour oil, add onion, ginger, green chilly, curry leaves and saute well till onion is translucent.
- Add the Shrimp and Garam masala and stir well to mix.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or till shrimp becomes nice pink color(don't overcook shrimp to dark and rubbery)
- Open the lid and add the chopped cabbage and keep stirring for few minutes until cabbage become crunchy, leaves the raw smell and blend well with shrimp masala.
- Add more curry leaves if desired. Move to a serving dish. Serve warm with Roti/Rice/Naan or anthing of your choice. Enjoy!!!