- Vazhakoombu/Plantain flower - 1
- Onion Chopped - 1
- Green chilly chopped - 2
- Grated coconut - 3 tbsp(more or less)
- Turmeric powder - 3/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Parboiled Rice - 1tbsp
- Curry leaves a sprig or more
- Dry red chilly - 2
- Remove couple of dull petals of vazhakoombu/banana petals till you see soft n fresh colored inside.
- Finely chop the flower leaving the bitter n harder part inside.(shown in the picture)
- Wash well once or twice to remove stains, squeeze out any excess water.
- Add chopped onion, green chilly, few curry leaves, salt, turmeric powder, grated coconut and toss with a spoon or mix with your clean hands(I mix them well with hands)
- Heat up a kadai or frying pan, pour coconut oil, crackle the mustard seeds. Add dry red chilies, curry leaves and parboiled rice and saute for a minute or till rice pop up. Add the vazhakoombu/flower mix and stir well.
- Cover and cook in medium flame, open and keep stirring in between. Switch off the stove when done.
- Move to serving dish and serve warm with boiled Rice/Roti