My son and my Husband love this beetroot halwa, so I love making them more often. I love the beautiful color of this halwa when it is made. Scoop out some vanilla Ice-cream and serve with this halwa, the taste is just awesome. I clicked couple of pictures of this delish whenever I made it but never got a chance to post the recipe. So when I made it today I thought of sharing this recipe with all my friends and readers as the beautiful color of this halwa is perfect for the Valentine's Day. Try at home and Enjoy this delicacy !!!!!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY WISHES TO ALL!!!!
- Beetroot - 2
- Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Fresh Cardamom powder - 1tsp
- Ghee - 1tsp
- Cashews few
- Peel the beet skin, wash and grate them(I had around 3 1/2 cups grated beetroot).
- Heat up a kadai/frying pan, add ghee, roast cashews and keep them aside.
- Add grated beetroot to the same pan and saute them till they absorb the fragrance of ghee around five minutes(You can add more ghee if you feel, but I used only 1 tsp of ghee for making this halwa)
- Warm the milk at the same time you saute the beetroot, don't need to bring them to boil.
- Add Milk to the beetroot and cook in med heat sauteing in between.
- When the beetroot absorbs the milk add sugar, saute well and cook again(Sugar adds moisture again, so will have saute n cook again till the moisture is almost fully absorbed)
- When the beetroot starts to thicken and there is no more moisture add the cardamom powder and saute well to mix. Switch off the stove and move the halwa to a serving dish. Garnish and serve
1. The halwa taste great when chilled and served with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.
2. Adjust sugar according to your taste, a bit more or less might work perfect for you.