The whole world around me is celebrating Valentine's Day, Everywhere I get to see beautiful red and pink colors, cards and balloons, roses and gifts, chocolates and cakes . Oh yea, the blogger world looks beautiful and romantic too, lot of Valentine's day events and most of my blogger friends have posted beautiful Valentine's day dishes and great ideas for this special day. Yes now I know love is really in the air, I wonder why I was totally lost and have not posted anything great for this Valentine's Day. So here comes a very simple and ezee Chocolate Truffles Recipe with just three basic ingredients Cream Cheese, Chocolate Chips and Icing Sugar and Wishes for a beautiful Valentine's Day to all my wonderful friends and readers out there :-)
- Cream Cheese - 1/2 lb or 8oz(at room temperature)
- Confectioner's Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Semi-Sweet chocolate chips - 1 1/2 cups
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp(optional)
Garnishing(if needed only):-
- Few Walnuts Crushed for garnishing(optional, use if you need walnut coated truffles)
- Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp(optional, use if you need cocoa/brown color coating)
- Icing sugar/Confectioner's sugar - 2 tbsp
- In a wide bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the confectioner's sugar and beat again until smooth and creamy.
- Microwave the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl just till the chips start to melt, stir well to check all the chips are melted(You can melt them using double-boiler method as well)
- Add the melted chocolate and vanilla essence to the cream cheese - sugar mix and stir well to blend.
- Refrigerate the truffle mix for 1 to 2 hours.
- Take out 1 tsp each from the truffle mix and make roll into 1 inch smooth balls.
- Yummy Chocolate truffles are ready.
1) Put 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 2 tbsp confectioner's sugar and 2 tbsp finely chopped/crushed walnuts in three small bowls/ramekins and roll preferred number of truffles in the three bowls to get different coating for truffles.
2) This truffles do not tend to melt even if you keep it in room temperature but I would prefer to keep it refrigerated so that it remains non-sticky.
3) These are super easy, very sweet, melt in mouth, uncontrollably tempting chocolate truffles. Nobody can stop in one, so beware ;-)
4) The recipe is adapted from Allrecipes but I have altered/reduced the measurement according to our taste.
Sending this to Valentine's Day at Anzzcafe, Kids Delight, Decorating Challenge #3 - Valentine's Day Ideas, Love n Chocolate Fest, Sweet Luv, Valentine's Day Event @ Teenz Yummy Delights, Dish for loved One's, Just 4 Fun, Holi Hai @Cook Book