Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Butterless Wheat Flour Strawberry Cupcakes


As usual cupcake crave bit my son, he started pleading for them and as usual his dialogue was 'If you don't make me cupcakes I'll not be your best friend' ha ha. Since it was late evening I was almost sure its gonna be his dinner, so I wanted to make a healthy one without compromising on the taste. I didn't have any banana or dates which I love to add in muffins and teatime cakes. Only fruit I had was strawberries, so just chopped some and added it as well. While I was mixing the batter my son was looking all around the pantry cabinets and he told me 'Amma add some raisins too, it will taste yumm'. So I just add a handful of raisins as well, the result was awesome, healthy, yummy and guilt free cupcakes. This recipe is very simple and ezee, straight forward, any newbie can bake them. So try this out friends, Enjoy!!!!


Ingredients:-
  1. Wheat flour - 1 ½ cup
  2. Baking powder - 1 ½ tsp 
  3. Salt a pinch
  4. Eggs - 3 
  5. Canola oil/Veg oil - 2 tbsp
  6. Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup(you can add upto 1 cup according to the sweetness you need, can use normal sugar as well)
  7. Strawberries chopped ~ 6 (you can add blueberries or any fruit of your choice) 
  8. Raisins a handful (optional)
  9. Luke Warm Water ~ 1 cup

Preparation Method:-
  • Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
  • Sieve together Whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt and set aside(or whisk all three ingredients together very well to combine)
  • In another bowl beat the eggs well with a wire whisk till it turn lemon yellow color. Add oil and beat well again to mix. Add Sugar and beat again for two-three minutes to combine. 
  • Add the sieved/sifted dry ingredients and mix with the wire whisk(The batter will be too thick at this point). Add in the chopped strawberries and raisins as well, stir to mix.
  • Add warm water little by little to loosen the batter and whisk gently till you get a medium thick batter(you can add low fat warm milk instead of water as well) .
  • Line up the cupcake tray with liners, scoop out the batter and pour in each liners just till half of the cup liners.
  • Bake around 30-35 minutes or till a Sharp Knife/Cake Tester inserted comes out clean. 

23 comments:

  1. too good perfectly made looks very yummy!!n such an simple muffin recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yum with straw berries and raisins

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. very perfectly done. I just wanna grap one from screen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious looking muffins. I love the pic in which muffins just came out from the oven in tray

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is wheat flour season.. delicious looking cuppies... same pinch to u too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the strawberry bit with raisins..looks yum :)

    Ongoing Event : I'm The Star

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect n yummy cupcakes, healthy too...nice clicks dear..

    Join the Just "4" Fun event :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious cupcakes and very healthy too.. Can munch on guilt free.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious and healthy cup cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muffins are very perfect and delicious too.

    Foodydelight.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, they look so fabulous, the cupcake bug has bit me too..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Impressed! Will definitely try this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kids will love this,yummy combo and perfectly made cup cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Healthy ! when you say wheat flour, is it atta or chapati flour ? Looks really moist even without butter

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfectly baked n fluffy strawberry cupcakes Dear!,Awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow.. superrr!!! I miss gawking at your posts!! :) Its going to be a long day of visual treats for me when I'm back! ;) :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a note on my recipes and posts. Your thoughts are really valuable, they are my energy boosters, so let them keep flowing. Browse around for more recipes, please feel free to leave your suggestions if any.
Hope you enjoyed your stay at Cook-Ezee, visit us again!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...