As usual cupcake crave bit my son, he started pleading for them and as usual his dialogue was 'If you don't make me cupcakes I'll not be your best friend' ha ha. Since it was late evening I was almost sure its gonna be his dinner, so I wanted to make a healthy one without compromising on the taste. I didn't have any banana or dates which I love to add in muffins and teatime cakes. Only fruit I had was strawberries, so just chopped some and added it as well. While I was mixing the batter my son was looking all around the pantry cabinets and he told me 'Amma add some raisins too, it will taste yumm'. So I just add a handful of raisins as well, the result was awesome, healthy, yummy and guilt free cupcakes. This recipe is very simple and ezee, straight forward, any newbie can bake them. So try this out friends, Enjoy!!!!
- Wheat flour - 1 ½ cup
- Baking powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Eggs - 3
- Canola oil/Veg oil - 2 tbsp
- Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup(you can add upto 1 cup according to the sweetness you need, can use normal sugar as well)
- Strawberries chopped ~ 6 (you can add blueberries or any fruit of your choice)
- Raisins a handful (optional)
- Luke Warm Water ~ 1 cup
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Sieve together Whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt and set aside(or whisk all three ingredients together very well to combine)
- In another bowl beat the eggs well with a wire whisk till it turn lemon yellow color. Add oil and beat well again to mix. Add Sugar and beat again for two-three minutes to combine.
- Add the sieved/sifted dry ingredients and mix with the wire whisk(The batter will be too thick at this point). Add in the chopped strawberries and raisins as well, stir to mix.
- Add warm water little by little to loosen the batter and whisk gently till you get a medium thick batter(you can add low fat warm milk instead of water as well) .
- Line up the cupcake tray with liners, scoop out the batter and pour in each liners just till half of the cup liners.
- Bake around 30-35 minutes or till a Sharp Knife/Cake Tester inserted comes out clean.