Hope life is treating you all great this summer. All is well here, busy days with summer activities, parents visit, catching up with family and friends gatherings. Yes, these are one of the reason behind my absence here but that doesn't in any mean imply I wasn't cooking. I had been cooking more than before with no lazy days but the only difference is I wasn't clicking any pictures. Though I'm having a great time with my parents I had been really missing my lovely space and I always wanted to post something. But these days I'm spending spare time taking my parents around or sitting n chatting to them about anything/everything or watching them playing and having fun with my kids.
Ahhhhh feel like 2012 came in just yesterday, by the time I winked my eyes we are already in the mid of the year. Don't you think days are flying faster these days or Is it just me?? My parents reached here on 16th of the month, here we are - even July is saying bye bye. They were wondering how 10 days passed so quick, giving them a feel of just 10 hours. We drove them to NJ in the very first weekend itself, even before they got rid of their Jet-lag , as I knew they will be anxious and excited to meet my little sister. We all were meeting together after 2 years, it was really a wonderful feeling. But we were missing our brother in action, hopefully we three will catch up sometime soon. Ok, now let me put a full stop to my non-sense and move on to the recipe ;)
Today's recipe is a simple and humble blueberry cupcakes which I bake often to finish off the blueberries leftover after making pancakes, juices and smoothies. This may not be a new recipe for you all, might be the same you make it every-time at home. I can only assure you this is an awesome cupcake that can never go wrong in the process of making, a very light, soft, moist and yummy cupcake which you will crave to have more n more. If you have some blueberries and the basic ingredients, you can make this cupcakes without any electric/hand mixer. Just whip up the ingredients and bake it, it is butter-less too. So what more reason do you need to bake, try to make them today itself and buzz me with the results of this ezee breezy baking :-)
Ingredients Used :-
- All purpose Flour/Maida - 2 cups
- Baking soda - ½ tsp
- Baking powder - 1½ tsp
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Salt a pinch
- Canola oil/Oil - ¼ cup
- Plain non-sour yogurt -1 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 2
- Fresh Blueberries - 1 cup(fresh or frozen)
How I made it:-
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 Degree F. Line the muffin/cupcake tray with liners and set aside.
- Wash and pat the blueberries and set aside. If using frozen berries do not thaw them.
- In a wide bowl mix well together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt using a wire whisk(You can sift/sieve the flour mix as well).
- In another bowl lightly beat the eggs. Add yogurt, oil, vanilla extract mix well using the whisk to blend everything. Add sugar, mix whisk well again.
- Add the flour mix little by little mixing well continuously using a spatula till everything is incorporated and a smooth no lump batter is formed.
- Slide in the blueberries and mix in gently using the spatula.
- Fill in the muffin liners evenly(about ¾th of each cup) and bake approx for 25-30 mins or until a tooth pick or a cake tester comes out clean.