This Broccoli Stir Fry is our family favorite, we love to have them with Roti/Rice and even plain as well. Addition of pepper powder spice them up and adds a nice flavor. Include this nutritious and healthy veggie in your daily menu in this form. Make them today and fall in love with this Veggie!!!!
- Broccoli Florets as needed(~ ¾lbs)
- Onion chopped - 1
- Green Chilies chopped - 4 nos
- Turmeric powder - ¾ tsp
- Pepper powder ~ ¾ tsp
- Salt - ¾ tsp(to taste, check and adjust)
- Curry leaves few
- Oil -2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1tsp
- Dry red chilies - 3 nos
- Wash broccoli well couple of times, drain off the water completely or pat dry. Cut/Slice the big florets vertically and set aside.
- Heat a deep kadai or pan, pour oil, add mustard seeds and wait to sizzle. When they start to pop simmer the heat to medium, add dry red chilies, curry leaves and saute just for a while.
- Add onions, green chilies and salt, saute till onion becomes soft. Add turmeric powder, saute for few seconds, add broccoli and stir fry for a minute or two to combine everything. Cover and cook till broccoli becomes crunchy(takes about seven-ten minutes). Or you can cook further few more minutes till they become soft(both way it tastes good)
- Add pepper powder and stir fry in full heat for a minute or two. Take off the stove and serve warm with Roti/Rice.(I can have it plain without anything, delicious)
1. You can add little bit grated coconut if you wish, but we prefer broccoli without coconut.
2. I haven't added chili powder, if you want it more spicy you can go ahead and add chili powder as well.