Another absolute family favorite recipe, Muringayum Pacha Mangayum chertha Chemmeen Curry or Prawns Curry made with Raw Mango and Drumsticks. If you have these simple ingredients handy it takes not more than 30 minutes to make this delicious meal companion. So without talking further let me move onto the recipe, make it today for a scrumptious meal :-)
Ingredients Used :-
- Prawns Big - 15 to 20 count(can use small prawns as well, increase the quantity as required)
- Chilly powder - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste(~ 1 tsp)
- Drumstick - 2 long(~ 15 pieces when cut into long strips)
- Raw Mango - 1 Medium Size(~ 1 to 1½ cups)
- Green Chilies - 5(slit into halves)
- Ginger chopped fine - 1 tbsp(A small piece)
- Curry leaves few
- Water - 2 Cups(or more)
- Grated Coconut - 1½ Cup
- Jeera/Cumin - 1 tsp
- Dry red chilies - 2
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Coconut Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - ½ tsp
- Shallots chopped - 3
- Curry leaves few
- Dry Red Chilies - 4
How I made It:-
- Peel and deveine the Prawns, add some salt and mix well. Rinse two to three times in water, drain off completely.
- Marinate the prawns the chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt. St aside for 30 minutes if possible.
- Wash the drumstick, slightly scrape out the outer skin, cut lengthwise.
- Wash and peel the raw mango, cut into cubes.
- Grind the 'To Grind' ingredients to a fine smooth paste and set aside till ready to use.
- Add the marinated prawns, drumstick, raw mango, green chilies, ginger, curry leaves into the ManChatti/earthenware. Pour water and cook it covered till everything start to boil. Simmer to medium heat and let it cook for another five-seven minutes.
- Now add the ground coconut paste and mix well, check for the salt and adjust. Add water if you feel more gravy is required. Increase the heat and bring it to boil with lid open.
- Once the curry start to boil, simmer the heat again to medium and let it cook/boil again for another five-ten minutes. Take off the stove
- Now for seasoning/tempering, heat a small pan, pour coconut oil, add mustard seeds and wait to sputter. When they start to crackle, reduce heat and add the fenugreek seeds, curry leaves , dry red chilies and chopped shallots.
- Saute til the shallots turn golden brown color. Pour over the curry. Leave it for a while, Serve with boiled rice. Enjoy!!!!