Wishing All My Fellow Indians Around The World A Very Happy Republic Day
Saare Jahan Se Acha Hindustan HamaraHum Bulbulain hai Iski, Ye Gulsitan Hamara Hamara..
I Made this Tri-Color Rice today to as a tribute to Indian Republic Day.
This is a very easy to make rice, you can make them with anything that would add appropriate colors to the dish. I added green chilies and corinader leaves for green, Carrot puree for Orange and basic simple cooked basmathi rice for white. So let me go ahead and post this recipe for this beautiful and delicious tri-colored Rice. Do check out and make them at home. Enjoy!!!
- Basmathi Rice - 2 Cups
- Oil -1 tsp
- Lime/Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Water - 2Cups
- Salt - 1tsp(to taste)
- Carrots Steamed/boiled and pureed - 2 Long Carrots
- Coriander leaves - 1 bunch
- Green Chilies - 3
- Ginger - a small piece
- Curry leaves - 2 strands
- Wash rice two-three times and set aside.
- Heat up a thick bottom vessel, pour water, add salt and let it boil.
- Add rice and stir with a spatula till the bottom of the pan. Simmer the heat to medium.
- Add oil and Lime/Lemon Juice, stir again and Cover it with a lid and let it cook till done. Take off the stove and set aside to cool.
- Fluff up the rice gently so that the grains do not stick to each other. Divide into three equal portions and set aside.
- Steam cook or boil the carrots and le it cool. Puree them and set aside.
- Grind Coriander leaves, ginger, mint leaves and curry leaves, set aside
- In a non-stick pan, pour 1 tsp oil, add the carrot puree and saute for a minute. Add turmeric powder, garam masala, 1/2 tsp salt and saute. Add one portion of rice and saute well to mix. Check for the salt and adjust, set aside.
- In another pan, pour oil, add the coriander-mint paste, 1/2 tsp salt and saute well. Add next portion of rice and saute well. Check for the salt and adjust. Set aside.
- Layer the three rice, orange first, then white and then green so that when you take it upside down for serving the orange color comes first.
- Arrange them as single individual servings or as a single dish to let everyone help themselves.
Note:- You can choose Spinach puree or any other greens instead of coriander to get a green color. You can use saffron or tomato puree to get orange color. Choice is all yours, I'm sure the rice will taste fab just the way it look :)