Carrot Semiya Payasam/Kheer is a very ezee and delicious Payasam which can be whipped up in very less time and tastes utterly delicious. As many of you might know my son loveeee Payasam/Kheer and always prefer white payasam(Milk based) over Brown ones(Jaggery-Coconut milk based). This payasam is one of his favorite and he just relishess this given at any point of time. We did not have much Onam celebrations at home this time, but I made this payasam for kids. So here comes an ezee, breezy payasam/kheer which can prepared at home whenever unexpected guests shows up or for any ceremomys or just as a dessert. Hmm, do you really need any reason to make this delicious payasam??? So make this home and relish with your loved ones !!!!
- Grated Carrot - 3 Nos(~1 Cup)
- Roasted Semiya/Vermicelli - 1 Cup
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Thick Milk - 5 Cups(Full fat or 2%)
- Water - 2 Cups
- Sugar ~ 1 Cup(Add more according to your tolerant level)
- Cashews/Raisins a handful
- Freshly Ground Cardamom - From 4
- If using unroasted Semiya/Vermicelli, dry roast it well till golden brown and set aside.
- Heat up a wide pan, add ghee. Roast the Cashews till light brown and move to a bowl. Add Raisins and saute till they puff up, remove from the pan to a bowl.
- Now add the grated carrot to the same ghee and saute for about five-seven minutes till they change the color to deep orange and become soft. Move the carrot to another bowl and reserve.
- Add 2 Cups Milk + 2 Cups Water to the same pan and let it boil. Add the roasted Semiya/Vermicelli and let it cook in medium heat till it become soft.
- Add Sugar + 2 More Cups of Milk and let it cook again for another five minutes till the sugar is blended well and milk is reduced.
- Spread the sauteed carrot and gently stir to blend with Semiya. Add 1 More Cup of milk and let it boil for another five minutes till the payasam/kheer is creamy.
- Sprinkle the cardamom powder and mix gently. Let it reduce in low heat covered for another two minutes to infuse cardamom flavor.
- Switch off the stove and add ghee roasted cashews and raisins.
- Move to serving bowls and serve warm or cold.
Linking this to Favorite Recipe Event : Kheer/Payasam started by Swathi hosted at Rafeeda's The Big Sweet Tooth