I hear moms whining about kids lunch box. I totally agree with them, it is not easy to please the kids especially when it comes to lunchbox. They bring it back or dump them saying it was not good. My simple and short answer for Mommy's are to make the lunchbox look more appealing. Don't give them the same kind off stuff everyday, cook something simple but different, tasty and healthy as well. I bought a pair of partitioned lunchbox for my kids so that I can send them some fruits/veggie and a small dessert along with a main meal. So instead of stuffing a big main meal, I always include my kids favorite fruits or crunchy veggies and a small dessert. Don't you think its a good idea to sent them a combo, instead of a fully loaded lunch??
How difficult is to make Macaroni and Cheese??? Especially when you know your teddy is so very fond of Mac n Cheese. Make them healthy by buying Whole Wheat or Whole Grain pasta shells. Would love to make it a full meal? Top them with scarambled eggs, includ some juicy strawberries and a petite Madeleine Cake. I bet kids will never say 'no' to this delicious yet healthy lunch. So Enjoy making healthy and delicious lunchbox for your little ones. Nothing satisfies you better than the little ones empty lunchbox, do you agree??
- Whole Grain or Whole Wheat Macaroni/Pasta Shells - 2 Cups
- Organic Low Fat Milk - 1 Cup
- Cheddar Cheese Slice - 2
- Shredded Mozarella Cheese - ¼ cup(optional)
- Salt - 1 tbsp + more as required
- Dry Basil Leaves - 1 tsp
- Water - 5 Cups
- Organic Eggs - 2
- Pepper -¼ tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Make the Egg scramble ready. For this, break open eggs into a bowl, add salt and pepper and beat well to combine
- Heat up a small pan, spary some cooking oil, pour the beaten eggs and stir until eggs are scrambled. Set aside.
- Now pour water to a pot/wide vessel and bring to boil. Add the pasta shells and salt, stir till the bottom of the pan and let cook till al-dente.
- Drain off the water using a colander and set aside.
- In a wide pan, add milk and bring to boiling point. Reduce the heat to medium and add the cheddar cheese and stir till it melt.
- Add the macroni and stir well to mix. Cover and let it cook in medium heat till it become creamy. Add Salt only if required.
- Rub the dry basil leaves under your palm and add to the pasta. Cover and cook again for another two minutes.The milk should be mostly absorbed by now but should not be too dry but creamy.
- Take off the stove. Move to a serving dish/lunch box and serve topped with scrambled eggs and some shredded cheese(if required)