Carrot Beetroot Stir Fry(Mezhukkupuratti) is one of my favorite stir fry from school days. I could finish off a bowl of rice just like that with this stir fry and some curd/yogurt. I love the color of carrot beetroot stir fry when combines with yogurt, transformation from deep red to pretty pink and they taste marvelous!!!! I would always suggest to use fresh beetroots as they are soft and tender. They are very easy to slice and dice and cooks up quick unlike aged ones which are hard to cut, takes longer to cook. So make this easy breezy stir fry for your lunch/dinner to serve with Rice/Roti!!!!
- Beetroot - 3 (~ 2 Cups When chopped into strips)
- Carrot - 2(~1½ Cups when chopped into strips)
- Onion finely sliced - 1
- Green Chilies - 4 slit into halves
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves few
- Coconut Oil/Oil - 1 tbsp + ½tsp
How I Made It:-
- Heat a Kadai, pour coconut Oil/Coconut Oil. Add onions and green chilies and saute till onion turns translucent.
- Add few curry leaves and saute for few seconds. Add salt, turmeric powder and stir to mix and combine.
- Add the chopped carrot and beetroot and stir well to combine. Cover with the lid and let it cook in low-medium flame for five-seven minutes stirring one or two times in between.
- Open the lid and check if beetroot is cooked enough, if not cover and cook for another three-five minutes.
- If there is more moisture set the heat on high and stir for a minute or two.
- Turn off the heat and drizzle ½ tsp of coconut oil(only if using coocnut oil, dont add oil if you are using normal oil) and few curry leaves and keep it covered until ready to serve.
- Give a gently stir before serving to blend in the flavor of coconut oil and curry leaves. Move to a serving dish and serve warm with Rice/Roti