- Achinga Payar/Yard Long Beans - 1 Bunch(~ 1 lb/oru kettu)
- Onion - 1
- Green Chilies - 4
- Salt ~ 3/4 tsp(to taste)
- Turmeric powder ~ 3/4 tsp
- Grated Coconut ~ 3tbsp
- Coconut Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1tsp
- Dry Red chilies - 3
- Curry leaves few
- Wash and pat dry the beans, chop them fine, add salt, turmeric powder, chopped onion, green chilies and mix well with clean hands or spoon.
- Heat up a kadai/pan, pour coconut oil, add mustard and let it crackle. Add curry leaves, red chilies and the yard beans mix.
- Saute it well for two-three minutes, simmer the flame to medium heat and let it cook till done or till raw smell of beans vanishes.
- Add grated coconut, few more curry leaves and saute well again. Take off the stove and drizzle a spoon of coconut oil if desired(It adds taste). Serve with boiled Rice and Moru Curry.