Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Beetroot Pachadi

Beetroot Pachadi is so simple and ezee to make and it goes well with any kind of rice or biriyani's. My husband sometimes eats it as it is, he cannot resist and wait for the main food to be served. This recipe came my way from my brother who is a chef by profession and passion. Oh yea, he is an awesome cook and my husband prefers to go to India for vacation only when my brother is home on vacation as he can enjoy some of those awesome authentic restaurant type of food being cooked by my bro. After I came to US we used stay with my hubby's friend and family for a while where I saw Seema chechi also making it with a very slight variation. Thanks to my dear brother and Seema Chechi for adding this healthy dish to my daily menu list.


Ingredients:-
  1. Beetroot - 2 grated
  2. Green chilly- 5 (slit into halves)
  3. salt to taste
  4. Grated coconut - 1 cup
  5. mustard seeds - 1 tsp + 1 tsp
  6. yogurt - 1 cup
  7. Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
  8. urad daal - 1 tsp(optional)
  9. curry leaves few
  10. dry red chilly broken few
  11. Okra - 3 chopped into small round shapes(optional)
Preparation Method:-
  • Cook the grated beetroot by adding green chilly and salt in medium flame. Don't need to add any water as beetroot oozes out moisture by its own.
  • When it is cooked switch off the flame
  • Grind the coconut and 1 tsp mustard into a smooth paste and add it to the cooked beetroot.
  • Now using a whisk beat the yogurt slowly just to remove the lumps if any. Add it to the beetroot and mix everything gently. Set aside.
  • For seasoning:- Heat a pan, add coconut oil, crackle the mustard seeds. Add urad daal, okra and stir till light brown and crispy.Add the curry leaves and split red chilly, give it a stir. Pour it over the Pachadi
  • Your pachadi is ready to serve. It tastes better after 3-4 hrs when the beetroot absorbs the sourness of the yogurt.
The slight variation I mentioned is nothing but opting out the okra while you do the seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a note on my recipes and posts. Your thoughts are really valuable, they are my energy boosters, so let them keep flowing. Browse around for more recipes, please feel free to leave your suggestions if any.
Hope you enjoyed your stay at Cook-Ezee, visit us again!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...